for now, you will have to satisfy yourself with some links to some of the pics we have put up on picasa: just click the paragraph to link to the pics.
- the first is an album of my buddy brady, who's a carpenter, and I building prototypical crutches over at Kamwokya vocational training center (KVTC). We hope to make a super cheapy design ( hopefully for under $3-4) and teach the carpentry teacher to teach his pupils to make them, both to help the students get jobs at local assistive device workshops and to sell to the community. We have also been working on other devices such as CP chairs, standers, hand/feet paddles etc...
- next is an album with shots from the malaria infested slum we call home, and you can see why. Some great shots of great fish at the busega fish market. A series of shots of our buddy james walking on our devised hand paddles. James has polio and has lost the ability to walk. he now walks on his hands. There are other random shots from our time here.
- this album has shots from our weekend rafting the nile with nice morning and evening shots of mist rising off the great river. No shots of actual rafting as we were to busy SURVIVING to take pics.
- Once a month our KCCC runs a clinic deep in the bush at a fishermen's village on lake victoria. this is the birthplace of one of our co-workers, peter, and so we went with some docs and nurses for a saturday clinic in the bush. We also got to meet peter's parents, his brother, and play some serious soccer.
- As you, and many bugandans know, we ran the buganda road race. while i merely survived, rusha took second, got to shake hands with buganda's #2, and take home a cash prize. The next day we went over to KKs beach, an african hang out on the shores of lake victoria. Keeping with africa's theme that there is no separation between anything, while people were getting drunk, kids were playing, fish and meat was a grillin' and ear splitting music was playing, a group of the faithful performed a baptism and an exorcism..it all makes sense over here.
- more random shots. some shots from walking around kamwokya, especially on friday market day. other shots from my clinic on thursday, seeing some of my peeps. there are also pictures of walking with the KCCC team that i am training in rehab around Katalemwa Cheshire home. a kids rehab facility that does amazing work, including therapy, education, outreach, advocacy, workshop for orthotic, prosthetics, wheelchairs, and hand bikes, and much more...check it out.